Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Base-building

My Photos: (14)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Can't believe I'm considering jumpin' into the Tour de Moore road race on 4/28. A friend of mine at TT (12 years my senior) might do it. Two of her teammates are already registered. Conceivably, I could work with them 'til I fall off the back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaVixen View Post
Can't believe I'm considering jumpin' into the Tour de Moore road race on 4/28. A friend of mine at TT (12 years my senior) might do it. Two of her teammates are already registered. Conceivably, I could work with them 'til I fall off the back....
You know what they say...50% of cycling is 90% mental...I think you already crushed this.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Exuberantly

Aside from being swamped with work, we had t-storms (dogs bark at ceiling when they hear thunder; hilarious), and hail. Managed 43 min. On the trainer with the side garage door open; loved watching the weather while I created my own sweatstorm on the bike.

Mr. RR correctly identified the mystery wine and won a red wine valued at $25 for his skill. That's him 2, me 1, us 1, since December. Time for me took step up my game. Meanwhile, Mr. RR!

Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road

Back from my Mt. Airy trip.

A few observations about today's ride:
1) If your plans change last minute, do a little more research/prep on the route you decide on at the last minute.
1A) If you can't get out of the house by 7-7:30am for a 2.5hr drive to ride start, it might be best to wait till the next day. This would also give you more time to go over the route.
2) Remove the 50mm front wheel and replace with something that doesn't catch the wind so bad! (Winds were probably 15-20mph - descents scary)
3) On the very first climb, if your average power is 9w off of your FTP, you are going too hard and need to ease up. Otherwise, your legs are going to be fried for the remainder of the ride. Legs fried.
4) Take sunscreen & use it.
5) More water/fluids would have been good. 2 bottles of Perpetuem on the bike and carried 20 more oz of water. Not enough.

Stats...42.5mi/3700' climbing, 3:36hr. Supposed to have ridden another hour, but legs were done and it was about all I could do to get back to Mt Airy.....

Definitely better planning for next weekend and the weekends to follow. Have to learn to take it much easier when I start climbing, else, I won't be able to finish whatever ride I'm trying to do.....

Drinking plenty of water this evening, as I am feeling quite thirsty. To bed soon...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Exuberantly

Quite the ambitious ride, WP. I'd love to ride that area...didn't know it went into VA. Nice!

I did this under blue skies, mild temps, intense green all around. We did chores in the morning, I added a couple property searches for two new clients, and by 3 it was either nap or ride. Mr. RR convinced me to ride so I did. He's working on getting his hang glider rack to fit the Subaru. Did my state of mind a world of good to get out there today.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 PM
FSU Bulldogs Red Wave

My Photos: (10)
pv0463 is on a distinguished road

Boy, 2012 sure is turning into a really sh!tty year. After my wife's brother died of cancer in So. Africa, I got news that I should probably get on an airplane to Greece to see my mother. That was last Saturday (7 April). Well, after taking care of all the loose ends at work, I flew out Thursday night, and landed in Athens, Greece on Friday night (local time). Made it in time to see her alive. She was not coherent, but alive. After two days of staying up by her side, she left us this morning, at about 4:30am (local time). This being the Greek Easter Sunday, it is sort of healing and disturbing (?) at the same time. So, I now get to bury my mom tomorrow, deal with the (non-existent) Greek government for all the freakin' paperwork, and go back home on May 1st. Oh, wait: May 1st is (organized) labor day here. My chances of showing up at a functioning Athens airport on that day just lessened by quite a bit.
What a year. And it's less than half over.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Witty Custom User Title

My Photos: (0)
jyossarian is on a distinguished road

Condolences dude.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Did not sleep well. I knew I should have taken a sleeping pill. Some friends are going to Mitchell today, wish I could go but maybe next week or one after. Don't think I'd do to well with that climbing today! A 2hr ride for today with 5 hill repeats...yay! Fun!,,

Now, I need to go scrounge up something to eat and drink more water - have a slight headache...
Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 AM
Friend of trouble makers

My Photos: (0)
ModoVincere is on a distinguished road

Morning.
Tax season is done! Yay!
unfortunately, this client is getting into something that's probably gpnna mean year round tax/accounting services for her. Guess I'll be going into a side business doing her books and reporting. Oh well...mo money.

Today I'm gonna get a nice 15 miler or so in. Nothing too stressful....may ride down to the mup and explore that towards downtown ATL.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

I wrote checks yesterday morning for the taxes owed by myself & my Dad. Put them in envelopes, stamped, etc....I don't remember putting them in the mail, but they are not in the house and not in my car. I must have put them in the box, but just don't remember....I hope so.

I'm trying to figure out a route for today. My legs are dreading the 5x hill repeats. That was stupid yesterday - to sit there on the bike and see my average watts on the first climb and know that it was 9w off FTP and keep the hell on going at that rate. WTF was I thinking? Oh I know...I wasn't thinking.