Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Cycling Topics > Rides and Reports
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rides and Reports Looking for people to ride with? Have pics of your last ride?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Lost Groomer

My Photos: (0)
mtrider05 is on a distinguished road

Went out yesterday for a ride and 10min in I broke a spoke, then 2 more popped as I was limping home. So that's a nipple on the front wheel last week and 3 spokes on the rear this week. I'm using this as an excuse to get new wheels, I'll get the old ones relaced as back ups. I got these last night, seems like a solid deal for essentially bulletproof wheels. $300 shipped brand new.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Male Member

MarkAJ is on a distinguished road

I rolled from my driveway out to Marina Del Rey stopping in Santa Monica on Main St. at the Coffee Bean for some posing. The beach area was all fogged in with a constant breeze which made it feel colder than it was. Early on it was misting but as it got closer to noon that stopped.

There were a lot of people out regardless of the fog and breeze. Most were running groups and dog walkers. While on the roads in the beach areas it seemed like I was around a lot of buses today. I have no idea what that was all about?

The sun was out as I came back into the Valley over Sepulveda Pass but still not hot because of the breeze. I felt unusually calm during my entire ride. Even on the downhill’s I never felt the need to use my brakes. The ride flowed and I enjoyed myself being out.

65.5 miles; 2,405 feet

Last edited by MarkAJ : 04-22-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymamba View Post
Did the club ride yesterday, it was a lot shorter than usual, and a bit slower too.

Hit a medium sized rock on Mulholland(at ~30mph) and my front tire blew out. Thankfully I didn't fall and I was able to ride back.
Unfortunately the tire is pretty much toast and I wasn't able to go get a new tire yesterday. I had to get in 5000 ft in today if I wanted to finish the specialized climbing challenge.
I might be able to ride later today, but it's going to be hard to get 5000ft in the time I have.

35.9 miles
4,307 ft elevation gain
http://app.strava.com/rides/7120452
Look up my thread on Boots. With that you may have been able to finish the ride. Anyway, the type and areas you are riding carrying a good boot is essential.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:02 PM

M2M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAJ View Post
I rolled from my driveway on out to Marina Del Rey stopping in Santa Monica on Main St. at the Coffee Bean for some posing. The beach area was all fogged in with a constant breeze which made it feel colder than it was. Early on it was misting but as it got closer to noon that stopped.

There were a lot of people out regardless of the fog and breeze. Most were running groups and dog walkers. While on the roads in the beach areas it seemed like I was around a lot of buses today. I have no idea what that was all about?

65.5 miles; 2,405 feet
AprilMayJuneuary gloom my friend - best part of beach living - last year we had 3 months of it - two years ago - we never saw the sun until September
rode the AC with Vertical Bob and have a few sunburn spots to prove it -( thought I lathered on real good but, missed a few spots)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM

fishymamba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Look up my thread on Boots. With that you may have been able to finish the ride. Anyway, the type and areas you are riding carrying a good boot is essential.
I did finish the ride, I just didn't add extra. I used a piece of one of my old tires for a boot, it worked pretty good.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Base-building

My Photos: (17)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Did a 10-mile TT on my trainer. Posted a new PR as far as TT on trainer. Was also the first time I was able to ride that high of a steady cadence in 52x14 (my tallest gear) for the duration. Avg HR was 150bpm, max 182bpm during final sprint (usual steady-state TT HR is 182bpm, max 195bpm+).

Legs slowly getting stronger and developing muscular endurance; cardio waiting for them to catch up. I have two weeks 'til the next TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaVixen View Post
Did a 10-mile TT on my trainer. Posted a new PR as far as TT on trainer. Was also the first time I was able to ride that high of a steady cadence in 52x14 (my tallest gear) for the duration. Avg HR was 150bpm, max 182bpm during final sprint (usual steady-state TT HR is 182bpm, max 195bpm+).

Legs slowly getting stronger and developing muscular endurance; cardio waiting for them to catch up. I have two weeks 'til the next TT.
Do you take in a cover drink after such workouts and if no why?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Base-building

My Photos: (17)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you take in a cover drink after such workouts and if no why?
Not sure what you mean by "cover drink," but right after a strenuous ride or trainer session, I drink an "Enlive!" therapeutic nutrition drink (Abbott Laboratories) -- 8oz, 250cal, 0g fat, 52g mixed carbs, 9g protein, etc. I also carry these for consumption during metric rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Yesterday was one of my best rides this year. Just 11 of us in the group, and I was the only woman. So when I took pulls I bumped up the pace a little, just so the guys would have to pay attention. It was really fun.

About a mile from home as I approached a 4-way stop I was surprised to see Mr. RR running toward me. He was running 2.5 mi. after running 2.5 mi. with the dogs. So I paced him for about 1.5 mi. -- I handed off the rest of my sports drink to him to quench his thirst on his .75 mi. walk to the house, and I rode away.

Really unusually hot over the weekend. Temps. cooler this week. We sure weren't ready for 90+

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:47 AM
looking for my road bike

jsigone is on a distinguished road

my short sunday ride
http://app.strava.com/rides/7193216