Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Cycling Topics > Rides and Reports
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rides and Reports Looking for people to ride with? Have pics of your last ride?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Embracing the fredness

My Photos: (2)
herbm is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJKnight View Post
Rode to work and back for Bike to Work Day yesterday. 28 miles. Stopped at two "pit stops" and got 6 bars, 2 blinkies, a velcro pants cuff sleeve, and some written material. Also played 90 minutes of basketball at lunch for "lunchtime basketball day".
Wow...they had better stuff..I stopped at 3 pit stops...
got some bars and patch kits
Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Lost Groomer

My Photos: (0)
mtrider05 is on a distinguished road

Rode the first half of the ToC stage 6 this morning then watched the peloton roll through the Angeles Crest KOM. Nice weather, I was pretty blown by the time I got to Big Pines, I hit the beginning of the ride pretty hard fearing I wouldn't make it in time. Made it about 45 min before the peloton, nice ride.http://app.strava.com/rides/8818793
Old 05-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Base-building

My Photos: (16)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Ouch. Just did my weekly practice 10-mile TT on my trainer and posted a new PR for a trainer TT, avg'ing 18.8mph! That's 0.3mph better than my previous PR!

Holy cow, my legs kept telling me to quit, even though I was still well-under my usual steady-state TT HR. It was truly a mental game over the last five miles to keep up the pace, but the closer I got, the more determined I was not to quit.

From my HR, looks like I still have room to improve leg strength and to get my cadence up even more in same gearing. Patience, persistence, results.

Time for a cool shower and an ice-cold long-neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 05-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

Hill training yesterday, so today was a recovery ride.

Now for a shower and lunch.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Male Member

MarkAJ is on a distinguished road

Late post – got home late and had to run through the shower to go over to friends to consume mass quantities of red wine. Then we all went out to dinner to consume mass quantities of red wine. I ate too. We all ate.

I met six others at the Malibu Bluffs off of PCH to ride the Tube-Steak Century scheduled for an 8 a.m. start. One individual was 15 minutes late so we did not get going until 8:15 a.m. I was not a happy camper, but I took the hit. The ride is about 124 miles along PCH to the Surf Dog a street vendor for hot dogs in Carpintera. About 80% of this ride is along the sea coast. The start was warmer and sunnier than expected, but that did not exactly hold all the way out. You might have wanted arm warmers but most of us gutted it and that was fine. There was a large group forming in the parking lot at the start but we missed going out with them because we STARTED LATE.

The pace picked up rapidly after about 8 miles. We all worked in a pace line as best we could. We had head wind all the way to the Surf Dog. The wind got worse but still manageable from Oxnard on. For those who care, the road construction that has been going on for years along Huenema Road going toward Ventura Road is complete. Everyone was taking pulls and doing well too. We all stopped a couple of times mostly for potty. Two of our riders are camels. They never needed to potty. They made me feel really old.

I am not sure but I think we made the Surf Dog about 12:30 p.m. It was busy but we got right in with our orders. The LATE ONE bought everyone’s hot dog and drink. That was a generous and appreciated gesture. I think everyone liked the hot dogs. At least they said they did. We took our time eating and talking.

The return trip was pay back right away and not just because I had a coke and two red licorice strips with my hot dog. We had tail wind all the way home and it just got better as we closed in on Malibu. Once we were back on PCH we had sun all the way home. We all hung pretty close together until the last twenty miles then those who could laid waste.

Everyone rolled in pretty close to one another. Out of the group we had three PBs (Personal Best). Three of the group had never done a ride this far before. This was a great moment. Some beaming faces here. It was way cool.

This is a good fun ride with time to talk and tell stories, learn about others. It is an aerobic workout and the pace can get high at times. I had a good time today. I did well because of the cool temperatures and my hydration and fueling was working for me.

122.9 miles; 2,434 feet
Old 05-20-2012, 08:06 AM

M2M is on a distinguished road

yesterday,
rode from encanto to the lifts @ baldy - watched the pros and am now, going to sell all my cycling gear -
but realy,,, after the breathless two weeks ago -

Baldy was actualy,,,

dare I say it,,,,,

Easy !
Old 05-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAJ View Post
Late post got home late and had to run through the shower to go over to friends to consume mass quantities of red wine. Then we all went out to dinner to consume mass quantities of red wine. I ate too. We all ate.

I met six others at the Malibu Bluffs off of PCH to ride the Tube-Steak Century scheduled for an 8 a.m. start. One individual was 15 minutes late so we did not get going until 8:15 a.m. I was not a happy camper, 122.9 miles; 2,434 feet
you actualy waited 15 minutes ????? -
so proud of you, I know how much that must have killed you !!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 AM

My Photos: (5)
nesdog is on a distinguished road

Shortish out and back, up Rock Store and home. 17 miles. Pushed up RS and took a PR on Strava. Knew I was doing okay as my cadence was in the 80's instead of 70's for a change.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:03 PM

easy spin @ the beach - all the summer pep's are out - god, I love this place in the summer !! - watching a bit of beach v-ball - girls, ya got it going on !!!!

Last edited by M2M : 05-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Embracing the fredness

My Photos: (2)
herbm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
you actualy waited 15 minutes ????? -
so proud of you, I know how much that must have killed you !!

He WAS starting to shake!