Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Cycling Topics > Rides and Reports
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rides and Reports Looking for people to ride with? Have pics of your last ride?

Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Grateful for light breezes, cool temps, and sun this morning for an easy shop ride. More people -- maybe 21 total -- than in last week's group. Generally fast, smooth and well-behaved.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Male Member

My Photos: (0)
MarkAJ is on a distinguished road

I was later getting out this morning then I wanted. I tried to get out of bed twice but was not able to do it. I soloed out of the driveway to Sylmar then took Foothill Blvd. to Montrose. I tried to meet up with some other SoCal RiderS, but it did not happen. I did see VB walking out of a beagle shop so I pulled in there to talk with him and Flat Lander Stan. The both say hi.

I proceeded over to the Rose Bowl for a couple of laps and the eye candy. Being I was there later in the day I was in with a different crowd. There are more people and bicyclist later in the morning. The eye candy is better too.

Pulled up and out of the RB and took easy way home, no more climbing. The weather today was just prefect for riding.

66.1 miles; 3,041 feet
Old 07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
FSU Bulldogs Red Wave

My Photos: (10)
pv0463 is on a distinguished road

I got out and rode today. It was a perfect riding weather day (I didn't venture south toward the SF Valley). Managed a little over 32 miles, mostly flat, mostly at an easy, leisurely pace. Hooked up with a group of fast riders for a while, and that was not an easy effort. I did force myself to stay well within the Easy HR zone, and it was very enjoyable.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv0463 View Post
I got out and rode today. It was a perfect riding weather day (I didn't venture south toward the SF Valley). Managed a little over 32 miles, mostly flat, mostly at an easy, leisurely pace. Hooked up with a group of fast riders for a while, and that was not an easy effort. I did force myself to stay well within the Easy HR zone, and it was very enjoyable.
That is the way to enjoy your ride.

After watching Stage 1 of the TDF today I know what you need to prevent another bad Saturday ride. You need more holes in your helmet.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 PM

M2M is on a distinguished road

did not,, ride today - fighting a gimpy leg and it's realy starting to piss me off
Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
did not,, ride today - fighting a gimpy leg and it's realy starting to piss me off
Try to keep sex to a minimum unless you do not plan to ride at all tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:58 AM

M2M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAJ View Post
Try to keep sex to a minimum unless you do not plan to ride at all tomorrow.
now u tell me ! let's see how the spin goes tonight
Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Male Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
now u tell me ! let's see how the spin goes tonight
Try counter clockwise she might like that as a changeup.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Male Member

It did not start out this way and I did not have this intention at first, but the engine was working and the weather was great. As I left the house for a solo ride along Big-T to Clear Creek (CC) I began to become taken in by the weather and cosmos. The weather was what all road rides in the mountains hopefully become on that weekend outing; sunny, 74-84 with a mild cool breeze.

Adding to what was already turning into a great ride I got see some wild life close up. First along Big-T I saw two deer and a coyote. At Red Box I watched two Woodpeckers work on their new home. It appears the female, the smaller bird of the two, does all the work while the male watches. I am sure he is the bread winner of the family. Next at Mount Wilson Cosmic Café which was not open I got good long looks at some humming birds working feeders left hanging from the cafe’s roof. This was all bonus stuff and I took it all in. I was never in a hurry today. I wanted to take in as much of the experiences as I could.

The inversion layer which kept the mountains cool also blocked any view of the ocean from Mount Wilson, but it was still immense overlooking all the clouds like a giant pillow. It was here climbing up and going down to Mount Wilson that I saw others, one or two and one group of about seven going up.

After Mount Wilson I kept going on Angles Crest Hwy to Upper Big-T and looped back around to CC by way of Angles Forest Hwy. Yes, I did see a 90 degree temperature reading on my computer back there but the cool breeze negated it. No other riders back in these parts.

Being able to do this ride in the ANF on a Tuesday I had little traffic or tourist types about. It was very quiet everywhere I went. I did ride by some Cal Trans folks working sections of the roads. I even got stopped for traffic control.

When I finally dropped out of ANF I decided to make it a century ride. I was close so off to the Rose Bowl for two laps. After that, having eaten all my real food and most of my bicycle food and tired, I decided to stop in Montrose for a coke. Picked up a medium and called the SO to let her know I was okay and would be getting home soon. It was already 3:30 p.m. and I left about 6:35 a.m.

I just cannot say enough about what a great ride it was today. I do not do these types of rides fast. I cannot anyway, but I was real happy with my 72 average cadence for the day. I like to think of myself as a spinner and not a masher. My steed worked flawlessly today which is also a big help.

Chicken tacos and some red wine while watching the TDF. Life is good.

100 miles; 8,632 feet; 72 avg cad; 110 avg HR
Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Most Tuesdays I have a marketing meeting that I lead, and today's was cancelled. We've had some turbulence and unexpected (and unwanted) changes; and I had plans with my daughter for afternoon girlie fun. So I rode in the cool of the morning and found some peace. Just what I needed.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.