Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
FSU Bulldogs Red Wave

My Photos: (10)
pv0463 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesdog View Post
Oh, effen $#%%$....I have a nothing Facebook account only just for myself. I got like 8 friends and barely ever use it. Got it set up just to monitor my daughter....now I get a friend request and message from a girl I was engaged to two decades ago and broke up with. (thank god...what a mess that would have been.)

Not sure if I'm even gonna respond. I hate to be rude but what's the point? So she can brag she married some other dude and blah blah blah. Who cares?
Ha! this is too funny. About a year ago, I got a 'friend request' from someone I wanted to, and dated for a very short time, in High School. I had no idea who this person was, but she attached a scanned image of the two of us from a dance we attended. So, I accepted. Shortly thereafter, I received an e-mail message from her, apologizing for not behaving right, being mean to me by ignoring me, blah, blah, blah...OK, whatever...
But wait, there is more. It turns out she now lives in San Francisco, married to her female partner.
Bottom line, if you're interested in finding out what is up with the life of someone from your past, accept. If you don't care, don't.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Shortly after I joined FB I found an old flame from years ago -- he kinda broke my heart because I wanted to marry him and he just wanted to maintain the status quo.

But man, we had a really smokin' affair...

Anyway, he's on his 3rd wife, had some terrible times while I was raising a family, and is now on the opposite coast, enjoying life. It was great catching up with him but we're very different -- we would've been a statistic if we'd gotten married.

No regrets.

And that's the raciest FB story I have.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM

My Photos: (5)
nesdog is on a distinguished road

Two years ago, I got a note and friend request from my first girlfriend. We're talking mid 1970's. We lived together while I was in college and then she moved back to Hawaii. We continued onwards for a few years but faded around 1989 gracefully. Hadn't talked with her since. I did respond to that one and we had a few messages. She told me she still had the charm bracelet I got her and did I want it back? Wow, she is a grandmother now! (funny, 'cause I didn't age.....). After a couple of notes, we ran out of things to say and that was that.

Thinking it over, I don't care what happened to this other one and I'm not planning on responding. Too weird, if you ask me.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Friend of trouble makers

My Photos: (0)
ModoVincere is on a distinguished road

Hola!
Hoy es el lunes. No me gusta. .
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road

I would really like to stay right where I am today...home. Overslept, called in to let boss know, now I just need to get up & shower & go on into work.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 AM

My Photos: (7)
az_cyclist is on a distinguished road

Hi all
I had a couple of good rides this weekend. On Sat I almost tried too much. I had 59 in when our club ride got back to the park. I could do a nearby loop, then ride home for 70. It was hot, but I felt good. With 3 miles to go to get home, I began to wonder how good of an idea it was. I made it home, and recovered nicely after a coke, shower, and lunch. Rode with the club again yesterday, cutting off early for church.

I have an FB account, which I check maybe once a day. it is great for sharing pics with family and friends, and I do exchange messages with HS and college friends. and get new ones, like RR and WP
Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road

I've been busy this evening...wanting to replace the carpet in the bedroom for a long time because it has lots of stains on it (Taylor pee when puppy, when I got Tucker, and cat barf) and it's disgusting.

So, I started pulling it up around 5:30-6pm. I finally have about half of it up and the bed back together. Some of it went into the trash can, as it's picked up in the morning, the rest is on the front porch. When I see Dallas tomorrow, I'll ask him if he knows how I can get rid of the remainder - I'm sure he probably will have some idea and can help.

I think I will leave the other half for tomorrow after I ride. I will also be going to the Pergo outlet store at lunch and getting the new flooring - all 62 boxes (whole house). Yes, you read that correctly - whole house. Even if I don't get any other room besides teh bedroom done in hte next week, I'll have the flooring for the whole house and won't be risking different colors/etc when I get to the other rooms.

Whew. I'm tired!

Here's the bed taken apart...
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Friend of trouble makers

ModoVincere is on a distinguished road

That's a lot of work there wolfie.

I spent 50 minutes with Coach Troy tonight....I don't think I like coach Troy.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Witty Custom User Title

jyossarian is on a distinguished road

Finally road my bike to some place that wasn't work yesterday. Went to a sculpture park, an art museum and a graffiti gallery. I guess yesterday was art appreciation day. Saw a bmx/FG competition next to the graffiti gallery, then went home and drank a gallon of water. It was kinda humid out.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

I don't like Coach Troy, altho I like the results garnered after doing his workous.

We want to replace the carpet up the stairs and t-out the 2nd floor, and have not yet. Mr. RR's dog barfed off the edge of the bed, and this isn't the 1st time, has me sckritchin' my head and asking "WTF?"

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.