Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Friend of trouble makers

My Photos: (0)
ModoVincere is on a distinguished road

same here....except I just finished breakfast.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Base-building

My Photos: (17)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Yippie-kai-yay. Was getting ice-cold air in the car when I'd first start it, but then the A/C light would start blinking, and no more A/C. Given that it was otherwise working ok (i.e., no need for refrigerant), I checked out electrical causes online and found that my '03 Camry has a known faulty magnetic clutch relay for the A/C compressor. Reading that forum, I saw that a lot of people had been to dealers and been told that they'd need to replace the compressor for anywhere from $800-1200! I looked up the proper relay to replace the faulty one, went to a parts store, and in less time than it took to pull the relay box lid off, I had icy-cold arctic air blowing again for less than $15.

Crisis averted.

My friend in ICU has some relatives from far away visiting through Wednesday night, so I and the other friend who have been switching off to look out for her and her husband are catching up on sleep and just taking a break for now. I slept about 12 hours Friday night, and 12 more last night. My body was still protesting the upright position earlier today, but I think one more good night's sleep and I'll be somewhat caught up. Unfortunately, all that sleeping didn't really help me to get caught up in things I've put off for the past nearly three weeks.

Here's hoping for a focused and quiet, very productive day tomorrow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 PM

My Photos: (5)
nesdog is on a distinguished road

Into triple digits again here....wife at the movies, daughter busy also...so....no grief for me! Headed to the beach this morning and spent quite a few hours surfing and laying in the sand. Lots of people enjoying a summer day. Got back in time to beat the big traffic rush.

Shortly we go to my mom's for BBQ and the pool. Turning out to be a great Sunday.

Switched to AT&T Uverse service, dropping Charter after over a decade of use. ATT just made me an offer I couldn't refuse, saving me 30-50 per month all bundled with my already existing ATT services. I called Charter...boy, they stopped being so friendly when I told them it was a done deal and please shut off the pipe!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

I have all the carpet up in my bedroom and the furniture rearranged. I can live with walking barefoot on the plywood sub-floor for a while.

Now....someone just needs to confiscate my 2.5' crow bar so I don't start ripping 12"x12" wood parquet flooring up in the living room!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

no one confiscated my crow bar so I continued...pics to come tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

as promised....all the carpet up in the master bedroom and the furniture rearranged...

No one confiscated my crow bar, so....

and, finished for the evening cause my hand hurts from ramming the crow bar...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

Wolfie --Ack! That parquet was so nice! Why sacrifice it?

Spent agonizing time in heavy traffic to pick up 35 lbs. of mixed frozen cuts of organic, grass-fed Wyoming beef, trucked to NorCal for about $6.50/lb. average. Made fetaburgers with a package of hamburger tonight -- wow! The color, texture, so little fat, really amazing flavor. I think I'm spoiled.

So no ride for me, again with 103-105*, so tomorrow morning, being meeting-free, will find me on my bike.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Monday!

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Base-building

My Photos: (17)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Dang. Just when I think I'm starting to feel well-rested again, I see images of hard work ("Work!") and I get all tired-feeling again!

Seriously, I'm impressed by your energy and motivation, WP. If I pulled all my carpet up and then put the furniture back in place, there's no tellin' when I'd ever get new carpet or flooring back down!

Next TT is Wednesday. I think I last rode about three weeks ago, so it's gonna hurt. And take probably take at least 1.5 minutes longer than it should. Oh, well. I can still go out with a bang at the last event in September, assuming I can get some training in between now and then.

By the way, RR, congrats on the top-20 finish! Chapeau!

Oh, and Happy Monday, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Witty Custom User Title

My Photos: (0)
jyossarian is on a distinguished road

Went for a 25 mile ride yesterday which is the longest I've ridden since early May. It was a chill ride though so my HR never went over 80% and spent most of the time in the 65-70% area. I just needed to ride and feel the sun on my face. And burn off the pancakes and sausage I had for breakfast.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

RR - I probably could have lived with the parquet a while longer, but....as I said...no one was there to take the crow bar away from me. The parquet was put down by my ex & I almost 14yr ago. It's held up quite well, actually, for a 5-7yr projected lifetime. I'm just ready for new stuff - it's scratched all to heck, there are some areas where the bikes hang out that has holes in it. Some is coming up in places....

I can live with the plywood for a while....I'm probably going to have someone come in and do the flooring in the master bedroom pretty soon, then mid-September, Hank is coming up for 4 days and one or 1.5days, we are going to put new flooring in living room and kitchen....and maybe the baths. The other 2 bedrooms - I will get enough wood laminate when I get for my bedroom, to do those as well at a later date.

VV - after moving furniture, pulling up & cutting up carpet to fit into the trashcan , moving furniture to different places, I was pooped. That's some hard work!!

Now, I will probably leave early today, look at flooring, dentist appt, hopefully ride, and maybe take more parquet up this evening. Out of town for work the next two days....