Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Where's everyone been? I'm in Asheville again for work. My meetings finished up around 3p, checked into hotel, went to Motion Makers lbs for head/tail lights (3 tunnels on BRP), then rode 23 wonderful miles (1:44hr) on the BRP.

It sure was a little better with the lights, but still a bit unnerving due to the tunnel lengths. I have enjoyed a grilled chicken salad and 2 highland Gaelic ales for supper this evening. Tomorrow another meeting in Hendersonville area then head home.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 PM

My Photos: (5)
nesdog is on a distinguished road

Well, booked for business in New Orleans in October. My boss added an extra day to the trip for both of us so we can spend some time playing in NOLA.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

Oh, I get it, Wolfie...that parquet was blemished & has outlived its usefulness. Carry on.

I finally closed enough deals that Coldwell Banker granted me membership in their lead generation club, and suddenly I have more buyers than ever. es, it's a double-edged sword. Inventory is so low that every offer I write goes up against 10+ others. Can't wait for this market to change.

Looking forward to just 1 meeting & and 1 Webinar & 1 hot TT tomorrow. Bike me now!

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Base-building

My Photos: (18)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Well, a long-time friend of mine from my old tennis group died yesterday morning. She was a 93-year-old, very feisty, spunky, English lefty who taught me who to play doubles with and against lefties. She had an incredible game, and played well into her 80's, 'til the arthritis in her hands just couldn't take the pounding anymore. Funeral is tomorrow, early afternoon. Then after I change my clothes, it's back to hospital duty, as the visiting family of my friend in ICU is leaving in the morning.

And the great news is that my friend in ICU has been moved to a "progressive" room, where she will have less nursing attention than she had in ICU, but more time with OT, PT, and speech therapists 'til she is strong enough to move on to the regular rehab facility. I hope she will get to make that last move towards home in 7-10 days. We shall see. I suspect she won't get home before end of September....

TT tonight. Gonna suck but I'll be on my Scott with aerobar mounted, so I hope I won't be slower than last time, in spite of not having ridden since 7/21.

If I can come in around 28:00, I stand a good chance of making the podium at the end of the season in the points-race. All I can do is my best, and then train for the next one, though given the situation with my friend, not clear if that will happen. If I'm going to continue the dating thing, I simply don't have time to do everything I'd like to be doing with this temporary crisis requiring so much of my time, but more importantly, energy.

"And this, too, shall pass...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Base-building

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Where's everyone been? I'm in Asheville again for work. My meetings finished up around 3p, checked into hotel, went to Motion Makers lbs for head/tail lights (3 tunnels on BRP), then rode 23 wonderful miles (1:44hr) on the BRP.

It sure was a little better with the lights, but still a bit unnerving due to the tunnel lengths. I have enjoyed a grilled chicken salad and 2 highland Gaelic ales for supper this evening. Tomorrow another meeting in Hendersonville area then head home.
Met a distance-rider online who's interested in setting up a long ride of several days on the BRP. Shall I keep you informed if this idea begins to turn into a real plan?

Quote:
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Witty Custom User Title

My Photos: (0)
jyossarian is on a distinguished road

This is the 2nd time this week I had a Moroccan merguez sandwich. Even better, it was from a different truck so I can compare the two. No comparison really, both are different enough that I can enjoy them w/o feeling I'm overdoing it. It's a win/win for me!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaVixen View Post
Met a distance-rider online who's interested in setting up a long ride of several days on the BRP. Shall I keep you informed if this idea begins to turn into a real plan?
You may. I don't know what kind of riding partner I'd be, as I climb really slow...

Stats from yesterday: 23mi/1:47, 1991', 12.9mph avg.
Today: 34mi/1:57, 830', 17mph

Miles for this week=88. I plan on riding tomorrow, but hopefully a short, easy ride of 25mi or so. Saturday will be 50+

I need to head to bed shortly...I be tired.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Base-building

Warmed up in rain and strong wind, then the event start was pushed back by 20 minutes to allow some ominous storm clouds to pass over. Got chilled, then warmed up some more in light rain. Went to the start line with water in my shoes and wet kit. But...finally came in faster than the 85-year-old man at TT. In fact, I'm only 47 seconds off my PR, and this is in spite of not having ridden since 7/21! Last TT of the season is in four weeks. I'm going to try hard to have a new PR. Oh, and I managed to beat, by less than a second(!), the only woman I had to beat tonight in my age cat in order to have a good shot at podium in the points race.... Now I just have to ride faster than her at the last event, and I'm golden. I think it's possible, because her times have been consistent, but I can see that I can improve mine. The woman who took first tonight, on her TT bike with TT helmet, aerobooties, and skinsuit, was only 71 seconds faster than I. Would be great to finish with a time very close to hers at the last event.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Exuberantly

WTG, VV! I have faith that you'll crush 'em at the next event. Impressive, esp. given you waited out a TS. That'd be a deal-breaker for me. Nice!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Exuberantly

Putah Creek Smack Down. Mr. RR beat me by 4 seconds; I chafe because I've been racing and training more than he. That he has no training or racing schedule, shows up and beats me despite my efforts, show me that I must be sandbagging, or not all that.

I need a coach. I'm so close, yet not really.