Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > About SoCal Bike Forums > Introductions / Questions and Comments
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions / Questions and Comments Welcome and tell us about yourself! Need to ask a mod anything? Post it here!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
n00b

My Photos: (0)
theruined is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAJ View Post
Money pit!
More like an investment in health!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruined View Post
More like an investment in health!
I'll drink to that!

It must be a sign of your youth that you're putting in so many miles without clipless pedals.

Likewise doing a century after just a few months into cycling. More power to you.

For context, I've done many, both on a half-bike as well as tandem, and I had my first "modern" road bike <4 mos. when I rode my first century. It was awesome!

You always remember your first.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I'll drink to that!

It must be a sign of your youth that you're putting in so many miles without clipless pedals.

Likewise doing a century after just a few months into cycling. More power to you.

For context, I've done many, both on a half-bike as well as tandem, and I had my first "modern" road bike <4 mos. when I rode my first century. It was awesome!

You always remember your first.
So not having clipless pedals is a bit more difficult? I guess I'll find out when I upgrade haha...

I can't wait, I should hit the mark this weekend sometime, maybe even this afternoon - 15 miles isn't hard to demolish in an hour. I have a victory hike to the Chantry Flats Sturtevant Camp to scope out some off-road routes with a friend.

All I can say is that I already feel it paying off. To make things even better, it's an exciting activity. I used to run and absolutely hated it. I would have to beat the laziness out of myself. Having a constant reminder staring at me from across the room (my bike ) is a nice way to stay motivated.

I'll let you know how it goes today, granted I have enough time after work to ride before the sun sets. Fingers crossed...been jonesing for a ride this entire week!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Male Member

MarkAJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So not having clipless pedals is a bit more difficult? I guess I'll find out when I upgrade haha...

I can't wait, I should hit the mark this weekend sometime, maybe even this afternoon - 15 miles isn't hard to demolish in an hour. I have a victory hike to the Chantry Flats Sturtevant Camp to scope out some off-road routes with a friend.

All I can say is that I already feel it paying off. To make things even better, it's an exciting activity. I used to run and absolutely hated it. I would have to beat the laziness out of myself. Having a constant reminder staring at me from across the room (my bike ) is a nice way to stay motivated.

I'll let you know how it goes today, granted I have enough time after work to ride before the sun sets. Fingers crossed...been jonesing for a ride this entire week!
Dear theruined,
You ride your bike up to Chantry Flats you do not drive up, right? It is not about how fast you go or how long. It is about doing it, the pride and natural rush from it all. (Oh, the pain is important too.)
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
n00b

Quote:
Dear theruined,
You ride your bike up to Chantry Flats you do not drive up, right? It is not about how fast you go or how long. It is about doing it, the pride and natural rush from it all. (Oh, the pain is important too.)
Well I haven't done Chantry Flats yet, so, I don't know the logistics of the trail, but I know I wanna bike up the road to the flats. I wanted to hike it first to get a feel for the water frequency, trail difficulties, etc,.

I like that perspective, it's very true. And I haven't felt this amazing in years. I'm glad I found these forums, been a huge help and resource for getting started.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Male Member

MarkAJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I haven't done Chantry Flats yet, so, I don't know the logistics of the trail, but I know I wanna bike up the road to the flats. I wanted to hike it first to get a feel for the water frequency, trail difficulties, etc,.

I like that perspective, it's very true. And I haven't felt this amazing in years. I'm glad I found these forums, been a huge help and resource for getting started.
I am referring to riding up the road. But, truly you might want to wait a bit on that one.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 AM
n00b

Quote:
I am referring to riding up the road. But, truly you might want to wait a bit on that one.
I went up there this weekend (drove up) and yea, it's a crazy road. I'm relatively new to the area, so I had no idea. Had fun in the mountains though!