Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Went out for breakfast this morning to the local diner - Blueberry shortstack of pancakes & a side of bacon. THen went home, picked up Taylor and off to the vet for Tiger's food. Then to Lowe's where I bought 4 more azaleas and 2 rhododendron. Will plant those today and tomorrow.

Now, I need to do some research on what to do with the plants I have outside...I don't think they will make it if they stay out much longer. I have 2 Boston ferns, the 2 banana trees and the arrangement that work got for my Dad's funeral. I'm thinking I may take the arrangement to work this weekend and have it there.

The ferns and banana plants....hmmmm....I'm going to have to make some room for them in the house I suppose.

Now...gettin' busy with cleaning up some limbs at the woods edge and deciding where I shall plant the stuff I bought today.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Friend of trouble makers

My Photos: (0)
ModoVincere is on a distinguished road

Busy day!
Started out by taking the kid back to Ksaw, she has a class on Sat. (Wtf!?).
Then took the dog to the vet...got some flea/tick preventiive and she got an updated treatment of heartworm preventitive. Then off to the Archery shop to get some arrows...had to order them since they didn't have any already built....should be ready Monday.
Then mowed the grass and mulched up all the leaves (I hate fall ). Then managed to get 45 minutes in with coach troy.
Just tested the classroom login since class starts on Monday.
And cooked some meat for burritos for dinner! Whoot!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Base-building

My Photos: (18)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Hi y'all.

Worked till 3pm today because I needed to make up some time from going to the chiropractor/being late and some time I was out on Tuesday. Finally planted the other 4 azaleas near my cedar fence and then decided to try and transplant the transplanted Nandina that the ex and planted at the edge of our woods when we decided we didn't want them any more....

I could not dig them up so I dug up some off-shoots (3) and planted them somewhere around the azaleas. I might try again tomorrow to get the larger ones up, but they seem to be quite rooted.

Then, after I put my stuff up in the shed, I was walking towards the wooden gate and looked to my right....I saw something blue in hte yard on the other side of the fence...it was my damn checkbook!!! I found the mechanical pencil in the yard near the cb too. No checks were missing either. So, I decided to look further and found my damn wallet - with everything still in it!! - closer to the woods.

What the F is or was going on??? The credit cards/debit card were never used. Nothing passed against my checking account. THe other items (Garmin, meds, money) weren't taken. Were these people just plain STUPID?? Or could someone be trying to scare me??

Dunno. But my house is locked up when I'm not here and when I go to bed now. The cars are locked too. Thinking about taking a "learn to shoot" class with my Groupon coupon. It's a Concealed Carry class:

$89 for a Concealed Carry Handgun Training Package ($230 Value)

The package includes the Concealed Carry Handgun Training course (a $125 value), rental of a .22-caliber pistol with 50 rounds of ammo (a $20 value), safety gear (a $10 value), and a punch card valid for five one-hour visits to the shooting range (a $75 value; a $230 total value). Successful completion of the class’s eight hours of classroom instruction and range exercises gives participants eligibility to apply for a North Carolina concealed weapon carry permit. See the schedule for class dates and times.

Anyways....maybe I'll check back in tomorrow...y'all have fun this weekend and behave!
Check out these two women-only clinics coming up on October 28 and Nov 3 at Sir Walter Gun Club in Creedmoor (click on "Special Events") and Durham County Wildlife Club in Morrisville, respectively. Only $25 for each, and each is an all-day event covering five disciplines of shooting. If I lived closer, I'd go myself -- sounds like a great way to try out various types of shooting, and at low cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Base-building

About to have a late lunch, leftovers from last night's dinner: home-made Guinness stew, VV-style.

Turned out better than I expected!

Quote:
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

Thanks VV, I shall check them out. Still haven't pulled the trigger (yes, pun) on the Groupon deal and don't know if it's still available, as I have yet to look this evening. (Damn - it's still available. I think I will get it.)

Lounged around in bed a bit this morning, as it was nice and toasty under the covers. But, I did get up and head out to Home Depot & Lowe's to see if I could find a "base" to sit the long planter in so I could bring it inside (the one from my Hydro guys/gals for Dad's funeral), but no luck. Need to figure out what to do with it, as I'd either like to bring it inside here or take it to work. Watering is the issue...holes in the bottom but nothing to catch the water....

From there, Taylor and I went to REI and purchased some hiking socks and a set of Egg Beater 1 pedals for the X-Fire. Once returning home, I got busy planting the rest of the azaleas and rhododendron. THen, I started a fire. Burned up a bunch of dead limbs. A bunch!

Dallas came over too and I paid him for the bike parts. We chatted for quite a while - was nice to have someone to talk to.

I'm eat up with chiggers too. Last night, I had to take 2 Benedryl and put some IvaRest on my legs. Not quite as bad this evening, but I've not gone to bed yet. Washing/drying clothes and packing for a week in Sylva area. Hope to get to take the bike, but since it's 3 of us going, not sure if there will be any room for it with all of our luggage...

So, guess I need to finish up for the night!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

Will be out of town on 11/3 - in Florida for the ALS charity ride. Returning home 11/5. I don't think I'm doing anything on the 28th, so I should look into that class.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road

Ms. RR spent Fir. night w/a GF from college. She arrived home Sat. pm, after I'd done a heap of house cleaning. In anticipation of Sunday's cool and Monday's rain I started a big pot of lentil soup.

We grocery-shopped at 3 stores, then got wind that young Mr. RR was coming home around 4. He was nearly 2 hrs. late, the soup was done, Mr. RR came in right behind him, and we drank wine, champagne, had soup, more wine, more convo, etc. etc.

Great having us all under one roof. If nothing else happened, that was enough.

Really fun ride today, followed by a beer, some down time, and a really delish dinner at a local restaurant that specializes in meat...usually I get elk, but tonight I splurged on a buffalo sirloin...omg...*turns inside-out at the memory of that amazing piece of meat*

Very happy to have had the privilege of waking up today.

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 PM

My Photos: (5)
nesdog is on a distinguished road

Greetings from NOLA! Spent time in the French Quarter, did a ghost tour, and more. Tomorrow meetings begin. I guess we have to work, huh?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Base-building

Nice way to see your special day, RR! Glad it was a good one!

Hey, nesdog! Are you up yet? Or did last night out in the French Quarter leave you a bit groggy this morning?

Don't be surprised if even work and lunch involve a bit of fun and festivity down that way. 'Em 'ar Cajuns am some crazy fun folks!

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Base-building

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Will be out of town on 11/3 - in Florida for the ALS charity ride. Returning home 11/5. I don't think I'm doing anything on the 28th, so I should look into that class.
I found out there's a WOT event in this area on 11/3, but it's only pistol, and seems to involve instruction, etc. That's ok, but I'd rather see a local event like yours where one can also get a bit of instruction in and chance to try skeet, trap, rifle, and archery as well. Maybe one of those types of events will pop up around here next spring.

Quote:

Last edited by VegaVixen : 10-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.