Socal Bike Forums  

Go Back   Socal Bike Forums > Off-topics > Blah Blah Blah
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blah Blah Blah Any and all non-cycling discussions go here.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Base-building

My Photos: (17)
VegaVixen is on a distinguished road

By the way, I like the way you think. But don't forget the cooked bacon. You can keep it on the shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure...." - Julia Child
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Exuberantly

My Photos: (1)
Red Rider is on a distinguished road
View Member's FaceBook Profile

Got in a nice ride this morning; haven't been on a bike since Sunday. I took a spin class on Wed. and that was a decent workout.

Just got off the phone with a lady who wants to invest in real estate. I can handle that.

Sometime this weekend I need to buy a new fancy dress for my installation in 4 weeks, and use my $10 off birthday discount at Victoria's Secret.

Hey, you East Coasters, what are you doing to prep for the so-called Frankenstorm?

If my breasts were any perkier, I'd have to have a Tupperware party.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My Photos: (6)
wolfpack is on a distinguished road

Evening. I've been in Jackson Co, NC all week for work. It's probably going to rain the majority of the weekend, so most likely no riding for me. That sucks cause I have a ride next weekend down in FL and I bet my legs & lungs have forgotten how by now.

I think, between the rain (if there are any breaks), I shall try to work on my cx bike trail in the wooded area behind my house...
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Witty Custom User Title

My Photos: (0)
jyossarian is on a distinguished road

RR: To prepare for the S'noreaster, I'm gonna do a long run tomorrow (4-5 mi), then buy some batteries, spam and deviled ham. And eggs and grits. And maybe a windmill generator to take advantage of the weather and keep my iphone powered.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Hikin' & Bikin'

My boss gave me tickets to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy tonight in Clayton. Don't have a date for tonight, but I'm still going - it should be quite fun from all the videos I've seen.

Right now, it's a lazy morning with Taylor - she insists on laying in my lap this morning. I guess she missed me last week. I plan on having a lazy weekend, so this fits in just right with my plan.

No rain right now, but forecast 60+% after 10am. I'm supposed to go to Ken's Korny Maze today at 10:30a with a MeetUp Group. Hopefully, it won't rain on us...
Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Base-building

Hey, WP. Why don't you ask Dallas to join you tonight?

Be careful about letting Taylor have her way, otherwise she will slip into her alpha-dog costume faster than you know!

I was thinking about doing that maze up in Rural Hill (where they do the sheepdog contests), but will probably wimp out as usual.

Just finished cutting fat and skin off the seven pounds of chicken leg quarters I bought on sale. Got one leg quarter cooking and five in the fridge. Gotta figure out how I'm going to cook 'em. Might put them in the slow-cooker and make some eastern NC 'cue out of 'em.

Quote:
I feel like the blonde who walked into a building: You'd think I would've seen it.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Base-building

Dang, I went to the nearby early polling place to vote this morning, thinking I could knock this off my do-list, and...there was a line out the door waaaaaaay down the sidewalk, and overflow parking was nearly full!

So...came home to cook up mah yardbird and take care of other things on my do-list.

I'll get out and vote on a weekday, when the lines SHOULD be shorter.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

Too late to ask Dallas... Oh well, I'm going to have to go get a shower here shortly and head on out.

I know about Taylor & alpha-dog...I let her be a lap dog for just a bit then kicked her to the curb, as I had to get up & shower. I did take her with me to the PO and then to PetSmart for some stuff. After lunch, watched a bit of teh RED vs Blue game but decided I should get out and work a bit.

So, I chopped briars out in the woods and cleared out different paths for the cx bike. The machete I bought last week for work is a POS. It won't hold an edge after chopping much more than half a dozen briars, but I didn't feel like sharpening all the time, so I whacked & whacked.

My forearm is sore/tired from all the chopping, but there is clear area. I might take some RoundUp out tomorrow.

I also bailed on the corn maze cause several others bailed (only 3 going) and I just would have rather gone when it was prettier, plus I needed to work in the woods and get some other stuff done.

Anyways....going to get a shower and head out to the show in a bit.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Base-building

I was just looking at a machete at Bass Pro Shops. Used to carry one in the field with me when I used to do Phase I environmental site assessments. Picked up an AR mag-loader while I was there.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Hikin' & Bikin'

And, how were those machetes you looked at? The one all of us bought at Lowe's is flimsy, nicks very easily, and as I said, won't hold an edge worth a shit. Kirby (co-worker) has one (but forgot it this trip) that is longer than what we bought and the blade is much more stiffer.

I might check out the Army surplus store if they are open tomorrow...or, maybe Kyle could possibly get me one....